On-site wastewater management systems are required to manage domestic and commercial wastewater in unsewered areas. The suitability of a site to accept treated wastewater is dependent on the soil type, soil profile, topography, hydrology, hydrogeology, and the proposed wastewater loads and effluent quality. The effective management of on-site wastewater treatment systems requires comprehensive site evaluation and system design, followed by appropriate system installation, operation and maintenance.
Riparian Engineering specialises in the evaluation and design of all on-site wastewater management systems, from domestic to large commercial applications.
- Site and soil evaluations to characterise site conditions, identify site constraints and determine available areas for land application of effluent.
- Calculation of expected wastewater flows, peak design capacity and equivalent population (EP).
- Mass balance and nutrient modelling using MEDLI to determine the area required for the sustainable irrigation of effluent.
- Selection of appropriate wastewater treatment systems and detailed land application area designs.
- Preparation of wastewater reports, designs and Site Based Management Plans to achieve development approval and meet state government licensing requirements.
- Certification following the installation of wastewater treatment systems and land application areas.
- Constructed Wetland design for grey water treatments using native wetland sedges.